Monday, October 12, 2009

Things a Mother Doesn't Like to Watch her Children Do


Matt needed to clean out the chimney of his house, and couldn't find a ladder long enough to do it. (The roof has metal shingles that are too slippery to climb up the steep pitch) So he brought home a tractor from work. But that didn't get him up high enough either. So he had to put the ladder in the bucket of the tractor, then Tylor had to climb up and steady the ladder while Matt climbed up it. Then he had to shimmy around the ladder to get on the peak of the roof. (I didn't get any pictures of him on the ladder, because I had my eyes closed)
Then he had to balance on the peak of the roof to clean out the chimney. He was about half way done, and the rod broke. So, he had to come down, fix the rod and go back up again. This is definitely one of those things that a mother doesn't like to watch her children do. (Next time, I might just stay home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment